Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Workplace

It's not exactly Richmond and Bathurst, but it's quite nice and cozy all the same. Take a look at the pictures below to see what the world looks like around ABANTU's headquarters.

The view along the path to ABANTU's office. I suppose years of rain have led to the creation of this backyard pond. It's not uncommon to hear frogs croaking as I walk along the path! Frogs ribbits, rooster cockle-doodle-doos, goat neys, dog barks... it's mother nature's orchestra out here.
Getting closer to the office.

My stomping grounds. (Literally, where I stomp my feet to get all the gooey mud off my sandals.)

The view when leaving the office. After a major rainfall, these puddles become very large and form an unfortunate red pasty mud with the soil. The staff call this path (only half-jokingly) "lake ABANTU." They really are quite challenging to cross! Well, they were challenging to cross until I was advised that there was really no need for me to dive in and swim across them. Good advice, as I was growing quite tired of changing out of my bathing suit upon my arrival at work.

Walking this path twice a day, five days a week, has done wonders to my footwear. I've already managed to destroy two pairs of sandals. I wonder if CCI would be willing to throw in a "shoe allowance"? Surely that's more important than a medical kit.

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I look forward to discovering how you have labeled each post as much as to reading each post itself.

    It's the details that make your blog a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially enjoy the barb wire around the entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HONESTLY, what's with the barbed wire????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's to prevent birds and such from perching on there. Or just for dramatic effect perhaps.

    @ Nicolas: Thanks!! I was hoping SOMEONE would notice!!!!

    ReplyDelete